Information we collect
We receive both information which are directly provided to us, such as personal information you provide when you visit or sign up for a DigiconAsia service, such as a newsletter, and those information that are passively or automatically collected from you, such as usage information collected from your browser or device.
DigiconAsia follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Third-party privacy policies
What do we use your personal data for?
We will use the Information:
1. In order to perform or take the necessary steps prior to entering into a contract with you or the entity you represent, including:
- providing and communicating with you about the services;
- performing essential administrative tasks;
- fulfilling your requests regarding our services; and
- responding to your inquiries.
2. Where the use of your information is necessary for the purposes of our, or third party’s legitimate interests, including:
- performing analysis regarding how DigiconAsia content and services are used;
- preventing fraud or potentially illegal activities on or through DigiconAsia;
- enforcing the legal terms (including and not limiting to our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of the DigiconAsia content and services;
- purposes for which you provided the Information; and
- protecting the safety of our users.
3. Where you give us consent for us to do so:
- keeping in touch with you with the latest news and opportunities.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed herein. For instance, we may retain your personal data for longer periods of time, when we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
In specific circumstances, we may also retain your personal data so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
When your personal data is no longer required we will ensure it is either securely deleted or stored in a way which means it will no longer be used by us.