At least this is the case for a five-year-old e-commerce platform that covers seven markets in Taiwan and South-east Asia.
With the 11.11 Singles’ Day shopping event behind us, it is time to see the results.
One popular e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, Shopee, claims new records were set 11 Nov, driven by support from consumers and businesses in each of its seven markets.
It saw robust sales momentum throughout the whole of the day, uplifting businesses in the region. Sellers participating in the 11.11 Big Sale for the first time saw 10 times more orders than an average day.
More than 20 million hours of live streams were watched on Shopee Live, while Shopee’s in-app games were played more than 2.5 billion times on that one day.
Said the platform’s Chief Commercial Officer, Zhou Junjie: “The success of the 11.11 Big Sale reflects the continued growth of e-commerce in the region and the many opportunities it presents for businesses and shoppers. At a time where the business landscape is transforming, we are committed to helping sellers and brands capture new growth opportunities, while making online shopping more engaging and rewarding for consumers.”
In Singapore, the spike in shopping activity exceeded last year’s 11.11 event sales in record-breaking time. Key trends included:
- Surge in demand for Beauty & Personal Care: Over 155,000 skincare products were sold as people focused on their beauty routine.
- Home & Living continued to be best sellers, with 100,000 kitchen and dining products sold.
- Best-selling products: Merries Giant Pack Diapers, Innisfree My Real Squeeze Masks, and Nintendo Switch Consoles
- Best-selling brands: Xiaomi, Sasa, and Muji
- Hottest keywords: “Mask”, “Adidas”, and “AirPods Pro”
One electronics retailer recorded over S$1 million in sales, with bestsellers including electronics, gadgets and mobile accessories.
Zhou noted: “We are thankful for the continuous support shown by our users, sellers, and brand partners and for their generosity in supporting 11.11 Big Charity. We look forward to wrapping up the year on a high note with our upcoming finale event, 12.12 Birthday Sale.”