This can tap into forecast total media ad spending in APAC of $234.39 billion in 2019 and at 8.2% annual growth.
A solution for marketers to influence prospective users in high-intent moments as they research, compare and consider different brands, has gone live after months of beta testing by over 750 actual corporations.
The marketing solution by Criteo specializes in traffic generation, which helps advertisers connect with new audiences to drive engagement and increased website traffic. The launch expands Criteo’s portfolio beyond lower-funnel retargeting and includes over 300 in-market audiences that retailers and brands can tap into.
Said Pauline Lemaire, Director of Account Strategy, Large Customers, Southeast Asia, Taiwan & Hong Kong: “Marketers in the Asia Pacific (region) face challenges in reaching the right audience and this holds them back to reach their desired performance goals. As a result, 44% face issues with measuring business outcomes. Our upper funnel solution caters to the demands of retailers and brands who want to engage with new audiences as they actively navigate the open Internet. These are the people who are discovering and interacting with brands outside of walled gardens, where we see US$800 billion transactions a year.”
According to Criteo research data, an average user will spend up to four weeks deciding on the right brand for their needs, and 73% of people are willing to consider a completely new brand during their decision-making process. Criteo now allows marketers to take advantage of this significant opportunity. With real-time, first-party data and Criteo’s AI engine, marketers can reach and engage with users at the precise moment that they are ready and willing to discover new brands.
“The Asia Pacific region is driving digital transformation, leading in digital’s share of total ad spend around the globe. Latest forecasts predict that total media ad spending in the region will reach $234.39 billion in 2019, growing at a rate of 8.2%. There is greater propensity for marketers to engage customers in real-time and serve tailored advertising at multiple touchpoints of the buyer’s journey,” added Lemaire.
Karsten Weide, Program Vice President, Media & Entertainment at IDC added: “There is a huge opportunity for programmatic vendors, but especially for those that are big in retargeting, such as Criteo, to branch out from performance marketing to upper-funnel brand campaigns designed to drive consideration. IDC estimates almost half of all digital ad spend in the USA was brand-related in 2019, a US$70B potential of which large parts are untapped by vendors previously focused on direct-response advertising.”
Criteo’s Traffic Generation solution includes the following capabilities:
- Multiple audience options: Similar and Custom Audiences are available worldwide and Commerce Audience is available in 20 countries.
- Similar Audiences allows marketers to find new lookalike audiences similar to those of prior campaigns.
- Commerce Audiences allows marketers to select from 300+ in-market audiences aggregated from Criteo’s first-party data.
- Custom Audiences allows marketers to re-engage with lapsed users to help re-surface their brand.
- Self-serve user interface: Using Criteo’s Management Center, marketers can activate their consideration campaigns and gain insights into brand results.
- Optimized bidding: Using Criteo’s AI Engine, optimized on driving more quality traffic, marketers can rely on technology that pushes displays ads at the precise moment a user is ready and willing to engage with the brand.
- Creative layouts: Using Criteo’s interactive display formats that blend branding images and videos with personalized recommendations, marketers can grab their audience’s attention and drive more relevant interactions.
As Criteo continues to develop its solutions and align its technology to more marketing objectives, it intends to integrate new capabilities to provide more transparency, control and performance.